Administrative Assistant for Child Inc.'s Expansion Grant serves as the primary administrative and clerical assistant to the department's coordinator, assisting with scheduling, organization, records, correspondence, and independent tasks as assigned.
Description of Job Tasks
Manages supervisor's calendar and schedules appointments. Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently when possible. Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files. Arranges meetings, programs, events, or conferences by arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers, and controlling event budget. Directs preparation of records such as agenda, notices, minutes, and resolutions for corporate meetings. Acts as custodian of agency documents and records. Takes minutes at meetings, transcribes dictation, and composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to type 45 cwpm.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint; experience with at least one computer database system preferred.
- Flexibility and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well with minimum direction or supervision.
- Spanish language proficiency preferred.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor under stressful and frustrating circumstances.
- Must have a positive attitude toward the children and families served.
- Must have the ability to work and maintain high standards of professional ethics with persons of different racial, ethnic, economic and social backgrounds.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED plus two (2) years post high school studies in a related field and at least one (1) year experience in an administrative clerical field required. B.A./B.S. preferred. Head Start experience preferred.
Background Check Requirements
Must pass all criminal history background checks. Must have valid drivers license, current insurance and reliable transportation. Must submit to post-offer physical and TB test.
For an information packet and application please email firstname.lastname@example.org or come by the HR Office for an application. Please send copies of your education credentials with application.
You can go to our website to access our application; however, our website is under construction so you will not find any information on this position.
Applications accepted from 10:00 am 4:00pm Monday - Friday at the following location:
818 E. 53rd St.
Austin, TX 78751
All applicants must submit a completed Child Inc. application to be considered for a position . EOE.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Established in 1920, the Child Welfare League of America (CWLA) is the nation's oldest and largest membership-based child welfare...