1 year of experience required
GED or High School Diploma required, Associates Degree in Business preferred.
One to two years related experience and / or training required. Computer skills necessary for this position including the ability to create spreadsheets and graphs to report information. Experience collecting and reporting on data would be helpful
The Department Assistant is responsible for providing clerical and organizational support to the assigned area/department. In order to achieve world class engagement and to build hope, health and healing for all MLMH internal and external customers, the Department Assistant must adhere to the MLMH values of Integrity, Trust, Compassion, Enthusiasm, Courage and Perseverance.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Adheres to Mary Lanning Hospital’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
2. Adheres to Mary Lanning Memorial Hospital’s Standards of Behavior.
3. Greets visitors in a professional and courteous manner, inquires as to the individual’s / customer’s need, provides information as appropriate or directs visitor to appropriate person / department.
4. Schedules and organizes appointments, meetings, and conferences.
5. Proofreads and edits documents for accuracy; reproduces documents as needed.
6. Prepares meeting agendas, notices and materials, mass mailing distributions; compiles time records; sends and receives e-mail records and correspondence; sorts and distributes mail, etc.
7. Assists in gathering data for various reports.
8. Maintains office supply inventories; orders, stocks and distributes office supplies as needed.
9. Attends / participates in departmental meetings / inservices, Mary Lanning Memorial Hospital quality improvement programs, etc.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.