Sr Research Scientist
As a Research Scientist in the Immersive Computing Lab within Intel Labs, this position will design, development, conduct and analyze scientific research projects to fuel Intel's growth in the areas of emotion, relating and computing.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Investigate scientific principles, models and techniques to guide innovation
- Demonstrate thought leadership through creative research with state-of-the-art principles and theories
- Contribute to scientific literature
- May participate in development of intellectual property
- May coordinate interdepartmental activities and research efforts
- Creative thought processes for crafting new computing experiences
- Independently resourceful and a team-player
- Critical thinking and analysis skills
- A comfort with ambiguity
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/or research experiences.
- Must have a PhD in Psychology, Linguistics, Human-Computer Interaction, Social Sciences or similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years of research experience in human computer interaction specific to the arenas of emotion, relating, psychology, linguistics and/or computing
- Minimum 10 peer-reviewed publications (proceedings, journals, book chapters, manuals, etc) in the arenas listed above
- 7+ years of research experience in the above arenas of exploration
- 15+ peer-reviewed publications (proceedings, journals, book chapters, manuals, etc.)
Apr 9, 2013
May 9, 2013
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 15 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...