Under the supervision of a Provider, the LPN/LVN performs a range of assigned nursing tasks and procedures. These include:
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a Provider.
- Observes and documents patient status and reports patient condition.
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications and/or treatments.
- Dresses wounds and provides personal care.
- Collects specimens, performs routine laboratory tests.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current Missouri licensure as an LPN or LVN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate of an accredited practical or vocational nursing program.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Lafayette Regional Health Center is part of HCA Midwest Health, a network of hospitals in the Kansas City and surrounding areas.