Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, makes technology make a difference by providing software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world's most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites.
Position Description & Responsibilities:
The Technology Performance Assurance Architect is responsible for ensuring business KPIs are defined and the appropriate supporting IT metrics are identified for assessing all aspects of application performance and bringing problems to resolution. This person is also accountable for the creation and maintenance of the System Performance Strategy for all of IT. This includes designing, maintaining, and modifying the overall system performance strategy based on the non-functional requirements that are most meaningful to the business. In addition, the selected candidate will work alongside and communicate with business process and application owners regarding critical performance issues affecting the client(s). Finally, he or she will connect, negotiate, prioritize, and direct the tasks and activities of IT across all domains within the IT value chain.
- Determine the critical applications, their owners, and the overall application performance management strategy.
- Determine that adequate resources are available to design the application performance management strategy.
- Determine an end-to-end application management strategy and implement a solution to manage and monitor IT.
- Provide the description, mission statement, process objectives, and metrics to measure success and obtain formal approval for the application performance management strategy and its related procedures and processes.
- Exposure to application environments such as SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft preferred
- Monitor and review the execution of the APM strategy at a high level and ensure that it remains up-to-date with the organization’s current applications and services.
- Coordinate and correlate with other IT service management or I&O process owners like incident, change, service level, capacity, and availability management.
- Build accountability for the deployment of the application performance management strategy and related methods and techniques.
- Ensure regular review of and continuous improvement of the process, its techniques, and methods.
- Establish application performance health measurements for critical business services and report them to business and service owners regularly.
- Facilitate the interpretation and resolution of performance events by working with domain owners during unplanned outages.
- Participate on change advisory boards to manage and monitor possible application performance management issues during planned outages.
- Promote the cooperation of IT operations with other IT groups to increase the focus on managing business services rather than single disciplines.
- B.S. or higher degree.
- 10+ years of enterprise IT experience.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification preferred.
- TOGAF 9 Certification preferred.
- Experience in functional domains of application development, data analytics, and IT operations.
- Experience in Web, Distributed Computing and Mainframe technology.
- Experience in IT consulting.
- Energized and motivated about learning needs and
new technologies in the performance space; and leads/activates teams to develop
- Strong understanding of application performance best practices.
- Strong data analytical and reporting skills.
- Practical experience of process management.
- Good understanding of ITIL.
- Practical experience on continuous improvement methods and techniques.
- Skilled in influencing and negotiation methods.
- Technical knowledge of IT operations.
- Program and project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
EOE - M - F - V - D
Compuware - 13 months ago
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and...