We are seeking an enthusiastic Human Resources and Operations Coordinator to join our Operations team in Victoria, BC. This individual will be responsible to provide Human Resources support and respond to day-to-day operational requests from managers and employees across the company. This position coordinates in some or all of the following functional areas: Recruitment and Applicant Tracking, On-Boarding, Health and Wellness, Employee Relations, HRM/HRIS, Learning Management, Benefits and Immigration. This role requires the ability to work with multiple interruptions throughout the day as well as to be able to prioritize activities as various managers or employees give direction on activities that need completion.
Human Resources responsibilities:
Approximately 40% of position will be responsible for Human Resources Coordination. This is an ideal position for a new graduate from a Human Resources program to start their HR career in an exciting high tech company. Some duties will include:
Operations Coordinator responsibilities:
Approximately 60% of position will be responsible for Operations Coordination providing support to management and staff across the company. Some duties will include:
- Recruitment: screening interviews, reference checking, developing interview guides
- Applicant Tracking: become a super user on the applicant tracking system and coordinate the requisition work flow for the recruiting process
- Onboarding: prepare welcome packages for new employees and present new employee orientation
- Compensation including updating job descriptions, doing market research and coordination compensation processes
- Helping to develop and improve existing and new HR processes in all HR functional areas
- Health and Wellness: research and implement health and wellness project ideas to contribute to UNIT4 being an employer of choice
- Learning Management: become a super user on the learning management system; enter training and prepare reports as requested; coordinate on-site training
- HRM/HRIS: enter data into the HRM/HRIS (Agresso)
- Immigration: coordinate immigration activities for US and Canada, gather the appropriate paperwork, liaise with employee and immigration resources
- Undertakes a variety of research activities and studies; collects and analyzes data; and prepares reports, findings and recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reception (directing calls, greeting visitors)
- Review internal administrative processes to determine opportunities for improvements, and research and makes recommendations to management for changes
- Provide support to executives (e.g. planning and scheduling meetings, taking minutes, arranging travel, proofreading, preparing presentations)
- Provide support to departments in areas such as meeting minutes, internal business process reviews, project management and day-to-day office administration duties (e.g. mail, shipping, ordering supplies)
- Facilities: be the facilities point person to respond to concerns about the office, maintain the kitchen and kitchen supplies
- Book travel for interview candidates and management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business or Human Resources is highly desirable) or equivalent professional designation (e.g. SPHR, CHRP)
- Enthusiastic team player, capable of demonstrating initiative, self-motivation and willingness to tackle various tasks and projects for multiple people.
- A minimum of 3 years of providing similar coordinator level support in a corporate environment, preferably HR experience (e.g. co-op, work term). Preferably has executive assistant experience.
- Advanced skills to effectively use computers and standardized corporate software applications including accounting software, word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet and databases.
- Excellent customer service focus and team orientation
- Ability to deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive issues/information
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan, organize and manage workload and projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
Reporting To: Vice President of Operations (dotted line to Manager of Human Resources)
- US HR experience and/or knowledge
- Experience working with SharePoint
- Experience using an applicant tracking system, HRM or HRIS databases
- PHR, SPRH, CHRP Candidate or CHRP certification
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with a 1 hour unpaid lunch
Location: Victoria, BC
Travel Requirements: Minimal, but must be able to travel throughout North America if required.
Join us in “embracing change”
Around the world, we look for potential employees - who are confident team players and have an unswerving committment to excellence in customer service - to help us in our mission to deliver software products and services that enable our customers to cope easily and cost-effectively with changing busines needs and operating environments.
At UNIT4, we recognize that our employees are key to our success. We value them highly and take care to select the right kind of people to work with us. Do you have what it takes to help businesses embrace change? We look for UNIT4 team members who:
Join our team!
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover online by clicking here and referencing job order # 2013-47 Human Resources & Operations Coordinator in your cover letter
- have a CAN-DO ATTITUDE : Positive, self-starters who rise to the challenge and take personal responsibility for solutions and results
- have CUSTOMER EMPATHY : Delivering relevant value to customers by listening, understanding and reflecting back what is heard and providing solutions.
- are HUMBLE : Respectfully collaborating in the best interest of the customer, company, team and self.
UNIT4 Business Software is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
UNIT4 Business Software - 14 months ago