GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for developing and producing tools for analyzing financial and operational results, developing and maintaining SQL queries and reports, as well as other duties assigned by the AVP of Operations and Manager of Finance.
1. Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of management tools for analyzing financial and operational results as they relate to current month, year-to-date and trend.
2. Develop and maintain queries and reports related to physician compensation, revenue analytics, managed care, and physician benchmarking.
3. Prepare on-demand financial analysis and other ad-hoc reports.
4. Assist in budget analysis and review.
5. Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
1. Expert level skills with Microsoft Access and Excel.
- This position requires the following:
2. Extensive knowledge of SQL, Business Objects, Cognos, and Management Studio.
3. Ability to quickly learn new systems, platforms and software packages.
4. Knowledge of structured programming and database management/design.
5. Knowledge of journal entries, financial statement preparation, accounting systems/concepts, and budget process.
6. Ability to interpret, draw conclusions and summarize financial information.
7. Excellent communication skills, especially written, and the ability to concisely summarize.
8. Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
9. Ability to provide regular and direct assistance to executives.
10. Ability to perform work, special assignments, and tasks under only very general supervision
11. Ability to work under pressure and overtime (evenings and weekends) as needed
Masters Degree is preferred; Masters Degree in Statistical Analysis is desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field is required.
- Minimum four to five years of previous accounting experience, as well as two years as a
Capital Regional Medical Center - 13 months ago