Summer Advantage USA, Inc.
2013 Academic Teacher
IF YOU HAVE A DESIRE TO MAKE A CHANGE IN THE LIVES OF YOUNG PEOPLE, THEN SHARE YOUR ENTHUSIASM AS A SUMMER ADVANTAGE, USA TEACHER.
SCHOLARSHIP ~ CITIZENSHIP ~ SUCCESS
Organizational Overview: One of the most effective tools to improve student achievement – summer learning – is currently one of the most underutilized. Summer learning, not be confused with summer school, provides children with a rich array of academics and enrichment (i.e., art, music, engineering, physical fitness, and community service); connects children with experienced educators and caring adult mentors; and engages parents more deeply in the education of their children.
By engaging all children in summer learning programs, we can increase children's state test scores, improve high school graduation rates, reduce risky behavior, and most importantly, ensure all children receive a well-rounded, high quality education.
Summer Advantage USA will bring high quality summer learning programs to children throughout the country using a business model focused on sustainability and growth.
Position Description: Summer Academic Teachers are the primary support to ensure the academic and social development of Summer Advantage USA scholars. Using Summer Advantage’s summer curriculum, the Summer Academic Teacher creates and leads lessons and activities for scholars that will support basic academic skill development and reflect the summer theme. Summer Academic Teachers’ regular schedule will require work in the mornings and three full Fridays.
Training dates: June 17-June 21
Program dates: June 24- July 26
Half day; mornings
- Prepare classroom for daily activities; work collaboratively with other Teachers and Teacher’s Assistants (TA).
- Plan and deliver daily lessons with support from the TA; photocopy lesson-related materials.
- Assign homework; review and correct all homework, quizzes, tests, etc. with support from the TA.
- Ensure academic and social goals are achieved for scholars.
- Evaluate scholars and prepare progress reports; administer assessments, create portfolios with support from the TA
- Provide behavior management and any behavioral interventions with support from the TA.
- Mentor and support the professional development of the TA.
- Complete class project for closing ceremony
- Work to engage parents/guardians, including one phone call, regular progress communication, and one parent/teacher conference.
- Collect and submit data for program evaluation.
- Administer the classroom assessments
- Maintain accurate classroom records.
- Attend staff meetings and provide program evaluations.
- Supervise scholars as determined by management during guest speakers, field trips, lunch, and recess.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred.
- Teaching certification required
- 3-5 years experience teaching in elementary school setting.
- Commitment to Summer Advantage’s mission.
- Computer and internet skills are required.
- Regional compliance requirements, including fingerprinting and criminal background check.
Summer Advantage USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Summer Advantage USA participates in E-verify in states that require.
Summer Advantage USA - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
We believe that if we provide rigorous academic programming and an array of enrichment activities during the summer months of the primary...