Under general supervision, sets up and operates Brake Press, Shear and Punch machines, and other machine tools as directed in the support of Elliott Equipment Company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Tends fabricating machines, such as cutoff saws, shears, rolls, brakes, presses, forming machines, spinning machines, and punch, that cut, shape, and bend metal plates, sheets, tubes, and structures
2. Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
3. Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template
4. Positions work piece against stops, manually or using hoist, or aligns layout marks with die or blade
5. Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate machine
6. Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction
7. Measures work piece dimensions, using rule, template, or other measuring instruments to determine accuracy of machine operation
8. Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece, using file, hand grinder, or wire brush
9. Performs minor machine maintenance, such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces
10. Set up machine, and stack, mark, pack, and for transport of finished work pieces
11. Ability to operate numerically controlled to fabricate parts.
12. Reads and interprets drawings, sketches and diagrams
13. Builds and/or modifies equipment in accordance to established specifications to meet specific project requirements
14. Repairs and/or modifies existing and new products accordance with established specifications and procedures
15. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
16.Continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
17. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Individual must possess these knowledge’s, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
2. Good math and measurement skills
3. Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
4. Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma, technical certificate, or equivalent coursework or training in a directly related area with 3+ year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position.