Technology Management Solutions
ICF's Technology and Management Solutions group is growing and we are looking for Software Test Engineers to join a new project which will be the first of many in a program within a government agency that introduces business process automation and reporting and analytic features for contract management across organizational units in the agency. This position is located in Washington, DC close to the Metro.
About ICF International
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF International.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions.
As a Lead Software Test Engineer you will:
- Develop and maintain Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Suits, Test Cases and scripts.
- Develop and maintain software Testing Standards and Guideline
- Develop, modify, apply, and maintain standards for software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures
- Conduct software inspection, testing, verification and validation
- Implement software development and maintenance processes and methods
- Ensures measures that meets acceptable reliability standards
- Develop overall operating criteria to ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project, process and contract requirements and objectives
- Ensure that project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contract
- Review software design, change specifications, and plans against contractual and/or process requirements. Reviews include applicable specifications, materials, tools, techniques, methodologies and compliance.
- Perform verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability.
- Developing and documenting program test strategies and detailed test plans using Rational Jazz Suite (RTC,RQM,RRC and RFT)
- Analyzing system features and functionality and determining the best approach and techniques to test (black box, white box, stress/load, data integrity, security, automation)
- Conduct software testing effectively and efficiently
- Understand business requirements, perform test accurately and report results
- Creating level of effort (LOE) and duration estimates for testing
- Developing test strategies for applications
- Developing and enforcing compliance to testing standards
- Providing support to the development of evaluation criteria commensurate with the software development life-cycle (RUP) stages
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years of testing experience
- Rational or JAZZ experience
- 5 years experience with quality management and testing for enterprise custom development applications experience
- Familiarity with best practices for software quality assurance and testing
Automated Testing using Rational Functional Tester, Ant script, SQL for backend testing
Technical skills to analyze software from various development tools, (Java, Power Builder, Visual Basics, SQL, etc.)
5+ years of automated software testing and requirements analysis experience to include use of the IBM Rational Jazz Suite of products (RTC,RQM,RRC and RFT)
4+ years of Rational Functional testing experience
4+ years of java programming
4 years experience with Agile methodology
Develop effective test scripts that executes all requirements and reports execution results
Strong requirement analysis skills, and the ability to articulate technical issues in text that is understood by various stakeholder groups such as customers, technical team or managers
Ability to report defects in clear and concise manner
Ability to use Tools (RTC/RQM) for defect analysis, tracking, Reporting and providing Status
Ability to provide Level of Effort for testing assignment
Ability to schedule and track quality-related activities for multiple task orders.
Quality Audits, ability to oversee metrics collection for quality-related metrics
Strong communication and team skills to coordinate activities between stakeholder groups
Provide quality peer document reviews
Microsoft Windows, UNIX; IBM Rational Team Concert, IBM Rational Quality Manager, Rational Requirement Composer, Automated testing Rational Functional Tester, Ant script, SQL for backend testing or equivalent knowledge
Experienced with Microsoft Office skills such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project
- Strong testing experience with strong Skills in the Rational suite including
IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational Quality Manager (RQM)
Rational Requirement Composer
ICF International - 2 years ago
ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas critical to...