Shared Services, a division of Enterprise Holdings, Credit/Billing department has an exciting opportunity for a Cash Application Supervisor. Our operating subsidiaries together employ 68,000 people and deliver a range of offerings, but all are united by a common mission: To be the best transportation service provider in the world … exceeding our customers’ expectations for service, quality and value … providing our employees with a great place to work … and serving our communities as a committed corporate citizen.
The Shared Services facility located in Tulsa, OK provides back-office, clerical, administrative, and accounting support to the field locations of National Car Rental, Alamo Rent-a-Car, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car.
The Cash Application Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the shared services team processing daily incoming cash transactions for the cash accounting department, working closely with the Collections team, corporate headquarters and rental branches to research payment detail and ensure proper application, disputes and transactions are handled properly and in a timely manner.
- Oversee that the daily statements from Bank websites are properly keyed as cash deposits, performing periodic audits of documented controls.
- Oversee the cash processing for daily rentals from Odyssey, RALPH and intercompany Accounts Receivable ensuring timeliness and accuracy of wire, check and intercompany deposits in PeopleSoft AR system and RALPH (Enterprise accounts receivable system). Ensure that payments are allocated properly to outstanding receivables performing periodic audits of documented controls.
- Work closely with groups to ensure that receipts are loaded into the express CRS macro accurately and with the proper identification in order to apply the cash in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with other departments and groups to coordinate any information received that doesn’t belong to daily rentals ensuring the information goes to the proper place for processing.
- Oversee and perform cash application research to resolve customer account problems.
- Work directly with collections team to ensure proper allocations of cash deposits.
- Communicate any issues associated with payment process to collections group.
- Communicate any issues associated with deposit and payment process to the team, helping to clear any reconciling items as needed,
- Ensure balance of workload and monthly department goals are met.
- Make sure that the daily cash reconciles to incoming cash for month end cash allocations.
- Prepare and enter A/R related journal entries in PeopleSoft GL both in Vanguard PS and Enterprise PS financial systems.
- Ensure month end close responsibilities are completed timely and accurately.
- Run queries and verify monthly entries for multi-million dollar receivables.
- Supervise, train, motivate and counsel Accounts Receivable Coordinators and Senior Coordinators; prioritizing accounts and activities for team, completing annual and periodic reviews and answering questions and distributing departmental information.
- Establish and ensure strong lines of communications with other departments to obtain or clarify remit information.
- Provide periodic account status and documentation to the Manager as necessary for resolving issues.
- Seek to improve job performance through self-assessment, skill development, training and goal setting
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required.
- 3 - 4 years of previous Accounts Receivable/Cash Application experience
r general accounting experience dealing with high volumes required.
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel, Word & Outlook.
- PeopleSoft knowledge preferred.
- Apart from religious observations, must be able to work Monday-Friday between the hours of 7:00am-6:00pm
- Must be willing to accept starting pay of $43,000/year.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Ability to communicate effectively across organization with all levels of customers internal and external; verbal and written.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with ability to set priorities to ensure optimum efficiency meeting deadlines and goals.
- Ability to perform job functions according to existing department policies and procedures with minimal supervision.
- Ability to motivate and direct the performance of the department.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car - 19 months ago
Enterprise Holdings is in the driver's seat in the global car rental business. Through its Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car,...