How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with addressing a huge business opportunity through innovation and reinvention?
As a Principal UX Designer, you will define and build products and applications for our new initiative. You will be responsible for developing best-in-class consumer experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment. You will work closely with engineering, product management, and company leaders to successfully go from early stage product concepts and prototypes to launch. You are a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into a fantastic customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then being able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables.
- Work closely with the product management and technical teams to develop a shared vision of a product and then lead a process to define the experience and design to deliver on the product’s objectives
- Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and associated UI framework and assets on a range of products, and follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision.
- Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and user interface specifications.
- Translate design architecture and vision into design guidelines, patterns, and libraries.
- Work strategically with other executives and team members across the organization.
- Use metrics and customer analyses to inform design/UX optimization efforts
- 10+ years professional experience as an interactive designer / user experience designer, with expertise in both information architecture and visual design
- 1+ years experience as a Lead/Senior creative contributor
- Strong user experience skill set including strategy, information architecture, and design aesthetic
- An informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication and the ability to present them with eloquence and concision.
- An ability to work with a high degree of ambiguity and the bias for action to cut through that ambiguity.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn ideas into a strong and unique creative vision.
- Experience shipping innovative, successful consumer products
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback
- Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations
- Expert skill level in the standard tools of the design trade, e.g. Photoshop, Fireworks, Visio, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and HTML/CSS
- A proven track record of presenting to and influencing senior management
- Bachelor’s Degree in the social sciences, design, HCI or related fields
- Solid experience guiding or managing user research and usability testing
- Experience with agile/scrum
- Be ready to work hard, have fun, and make history!
Amazon.com - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...