The mission of the American Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We help increase the preparedness of our communities by offering courses in First Aid, CPR/AED, Babysitter's Training, Lifeguard Training, Certified Nurse Aid Training and other certification courses. American Red Cross Health and Safety instructors are an elite group of professionals who teach valuable lifesaving skills to 12 million people each year in businesses, schools and communities.
We are currently seeking an RN Instructor Instructor to be based in our Louisville, KY office. This is a part-time, as needed position with a variable 1st shift schedule.
The RN Instructor provides instruction and certification in the Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training (NAT) program plus instruction and certification in Phlebotomy and/or EKG courses as needed. Primary responsibility includes planning, teaching and evaluating course participants in the classroom and clinical skills performance, leading to successful completion of the program. Responsibilities may include: training and orienting instructors; providing supervision and guidance to instructor cadre in a geographic area; serving as liaison with external clinical sites; and serving as technical resource to NAT Program Manager. The lead instructor will provide a quality program that meets state regulations and compliance standards as well as meet the expectations for the course participants.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, coordinates, manages and directs the classroom, skills lab, and clinical setting training experience for students
• Evaluates interpersonal skills, technical skills, and knowledge base of students in classroom, skill lab and clinical setting at regular intervals to measure student performance
• Maintains confidential, accurate and complete records and reports as required by state and federal regulations and American Red Cross policy
• Responsible for efficient and effective use of all supplies and materials maintaining appropriate controls for loss reduction and documenting replacement needs
• Maintains a cooperative working relationship with clinical sites and staff to provide a comprehensive and safe learning environment for students
• Trains, orients, and supervises instructors as requested
• Serves as technical resource to NAT program manager
• Completes and submits course records and reports in a timely manner, meeting required deadlines.
• Meets 100% compliance for record keeping and program delivery requirements
• Engages in regular effective communications with students, staff, and other stakeholders regarding programmatic changes and quality management issues.
• Supports program completion activities such as graduation, recognition ceremonies and student development activities as requested
• Remains current on state regulations and training standards
• Current license as a Registered Nurse in state where teaching will occur; BSN preferred
• Two years' total experience as a nurse
• At least 1 year of experience in the healthcare field (ex. long term care, home care, hospice, hospital)
• At least 1 year of experience in either Phlebotomy or EKG
• Adult education experience preferred
• Must meet state minimum nursing and teaching experience requirements for instructors
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity that you've been waiting for, please apply at www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=32434
The American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that offers employees growth and development, team spirit & competitive salaries.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
American Red Cross - 15 months ago
The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. The common...