Are you interested in working with a diverse group of people while working on a warm, welcoming, tropical island? TakeCare Insurance, a top health insurance company providing health insurance coverage to about 30,000 members in Guam (U.S. Territory), Saipan and Palau is looking for a full-time Dermatologist.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed leader who is team oriented with great interpersonal skills. Our ideal candidate has passion for their job and wants to make positive and significant contributions to our organization.
Plus, if you have always wanted to travel within the Asia Pacific region, enjoy surfing, scuba diving, water sports, or hanging out on the beach after work, then this is the opportunity for you! This position also offers a wonderful opportunity to join a progressively growing organization, gain international experience and exposure, as well as build your resume with significant industry experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Examines, diagnoses and treats conditions and diseases of the skin; including but not limited to, hair, and nails, such as fungal infections, acne, birth-marks, skin cancer, eczema , warts, and psoriasis
2. Treats contact dermatitis and other types of skin allergies and irritations and determine the cause and help the patient with prevention methods.
3. Examines the affected area and may take blood samples, skin scraping or tissue samples.
4. Diagnoses and treats various types of skin cancer, surgically removing tumors and suspicious moles, and performing biopsies.
5. Perform cosmetic surgery and treatments such as chemical peels, scar removal and Botox injections.
6. Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment. May use various methods including medication, surgery and radiotherapy.
7. Recommends and orders tests to determine extent of disease or help diagnose condition.
8. Collaborates with the Clinic Management on educating and marketing the new Dermatology Department in the community.
9. Provides dermatologic consultation to other providers refers patients to other providers as needed and performs incisional biopsies to diagnose melanoma.
10. Read current literature, talk with colleagues, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in dermatology.
11. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
12. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
1. Doctor of medicine/dermatology degree. License is required
2. Must be Board eligible or Board Certified.
3. Must have the appropriate level of behavioral maturity and patience in handling patients.
4. Must have the diplomacy and tact in handling difficult and irate patients.
5. Very good interpersonal relationship skills and can work and relate well with co-employees, patients and customers.
6. Outstanding communication skills and persuasiveness, specially the ability to communicate instructions and procedures for treatments, keeping the patients and giving them the desired level of comfort and confidence.
7. Must have strong sensitivity to the needs and anxieties of patients and the ability to motivate patients to undergo treatments and procedures.
8. Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
9. Knowledgeable of federal and state laws and requirements relating to healthcare management.
TakeCare Insurance is the top health insurance company providing health insurance coverage to the island of Guam, Saipan and Palau. For nearly 40 years, over 30,000 medical and dental patients have trusted our brand of reliable and consistent operational excellence. We are proud of our patient-centric medical and dental healthcare coverage and of the 360 employees that contribute to our growth as one of Micronesia's largest health plan and healthcare services companies.
TakeCare's headquarters is located in the United States territory of Guam, rich with cultural heritage and pride. Guam is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. The island's climate is characterized as Tropical Marine and the yearly temperature is 85 F.
The average water temperature is also 85 Fahrenheit enabling many visitors to the island to enjoy an array of water sports year round. Guam conveniently has most of the luxuries of the Western world; however, the slower pace of island life brings a refreshing change from fast paced city or suburban living.
TakeCare offers competitive pay and an extensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance (AD&D), dependent and health care reimbursement, paid holidays, paid time-off, bereavement leave, savings and profit-sharing program, matching 401k contributions, continuing education, professional license and professional membership, professional liability coverage, appointment to Government Regulatory Board, relocation reimbursement, contract renewal benefits and discounts at the FHP Health Center, Pharmacy, and Vision Center.
- 22 months ago - save job