Bachelor’s degree and law degree from accredited law school.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Ability to adapt quickly and work well under pressure in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
Legal experience at a law firm, investment company, or financial institution preferred but not required.
Some familiarity with ERISA, securities laws, and other investment-related laws and regulations a plus.
Specific Job Description
Responsibilities for the position include:
• Assist the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel of LMIMCo in negotiating, documenting, and closing various investment-related transactions, including investment management agreements, private equity and hedge fund investments, as well as account launch documentation.
• Support LMIMCo’s compliance programs and initiatives, including managing and monitoring LMIMCo’s personal trading and conflicts of interest monitoring system, maintaining LMIMCo’s regulatory library (ADVs, proxies, etc.), and researching regulatory, compliance, and ethics issues.
• Assist the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel with the preparation of various legal documentation in connection with LMIMCo’s day-to-day operations, including corporate and shareholder resolutions of LMIMCo and the Master Retirement Trust’s proprietary investment vehicles, filings with US and non-US governmental entities, direction letters to trustees, miscellaneous service agreements, and other correspondence.
• Review and manage LMIMCo’s legal library to ensure a full set of documentation (both paper and electronic) for each investment-related and other transaction.
• Manage and update LMIMCo’s corporate books and records (including the books and records of proprietary investment vehicles of the Master Retirement Trust).
• Partner with corporate benefits personnel on various compliance and reporting needs.
• Support LMIMCo’s General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel as necessary to provide outstanding legal support to LMIMCo’s full team of investment and operations professionals.
Standard Job Description
Provides legal advice, counsel and service to internal business clients concerning legal rights, obligations, and privileges of corporations. Draws up contracts involving leases, licenses, purchases, sales, real estate, employment, insurance, mergers, acquisitions and related matters. Keeps current on legislative issues, statutes, decisions and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies. Examines legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit. Acts as agent of corporation in various transactions. Advises company regarding concerns for risk assessment. Must have admission to practice law. May develop, review, or implement company-wide and/or functionally specific training programs. May also oversee corporate governance matters and its various committees. May work with outside counsel to direct activities.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an emerging authority.
LMCareers Business Unit
ESS1000 CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...