Who You Are You are an experienced visual designer who has successfully demonstrated taking business goals and turning them into inspiring world-class designs. You understand the complexity of marketing and know how to set the visual standard for different categories. You have strong organizational skills, web expertise, intrinsic design ability, typographic skills, and acute attention to detail.
Who We Are The Visual Experience Design (VXD) team sets the design direction for Amazon’s global online retail websites. We are responsible for branding and the creative development of style guides for a wide range of services, features and categories (Books, Movies, Music, Video Games, Electronics, Beauty, Sports, Baby, and many more) for Amazon websites around the world. Our aim is to deliver intuitive and compelling designs that create a world-class customer experience. We start with the customer in mind as we strive to create a successful shopping experience.
- Develop and strengthen brand assets, including style and usage guides, and collaborate with the design community to ensure consistent use
- Hire and develop production designers and contractors on the team
- Enhance the team knowledge of best design practices and trends in web and graphic design
- Work with various categories to refresh their homepages
- Present design solutions to executive managers and get sign-offs
- Understand and respond to promotion performance data (metric tests, usability studies), and steer the direction of future creative designs
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating visual branding, online marketing, and great user-centered design solutions
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in web design/online marketing
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- 4+ years experiences in web design/online marketing
- Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience
- eCommerce/retail design experience
- Experience defining or maintaining a design style guide or branding guidelines
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully defend your design decisions to executive management
- Art direction and experience setting up photo shoots
- Illustration experience
- Knowledge of information architecture, usability, and UI Design
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...