Position: Math Instructor
Hours/Status: Full Time Faculty (32 hours per week)
Start Date: March, 2013
Reports to: MATH Program Director; Deans of Instruction
Location: Milwaukee Market
* Teach 15 -21 contact hours in Mathematics classes based on qualifications and college need
* Provide skills assistance, tutoring, and workshops related to math
* Assist in developing course blueprints and business connects
* Serve on campus committees and participate in campus events
* Develop, implement, and assess strategies and techniques for improved student retention and success
* Ensure instructional success and model lifelong learning through continuous professional development
* Complete and maintain a teaching portfolio
* Be available to teach both day and evening classes at any Milwaukee campus
* Assist in integrating mathematics skills across the curriculum and in developing subject-specific activities
* Master’s degree in Math preferred; Will consider candidates with a master’s degree in another field such as Education and at least 18 combined undergraduate/ graduate credits in Math.
* Successful teaching experience at the college level and excellent classroom skills as reflected in classroom observations, student evaluations, course documentation, etc.
* Non-teaching job experience, such as tutoring, strongly preferred
* Working knowledge of computer software and research databases
* Demonstrated commitment to professional development and student success
* Commitment to continuous curriculum enhancement and application of best practices
* Strong team player
* Ability to make meaningful and positive connections with diverse student body in a career college environment
Upload cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts. Note: please use the “back” button to upload multiple documents. Internal candidates, please also submit “Internal Application” to HR.