The role of the Medical Assistant is to provide exceptional patient care both clinically and by creating a customer/patient service experience that is phenomenal for each and every patient visit. The Medical Assistant (MA) works as a partner in the clinic together with the physician(s), other clinical staff, front desk staff and manager to provide a welcoming, caring and healing environment for patients. Where this position deals directly with patients and family members, the MA is responsible to ensure that patients’ needs are listened to, understood and resolved. A Medical Assistant in the Intermountain Medical Group has the responsibility to keep the clinic running smoothly, the physician working efficiently, and to assist with day-to-day clinical duties such as taking vitals, rooming patients and handling other clinical and clerical duties. The MA is responsible to provide a variety of patient care tasks including: preparation of patients to be seen by physicians, performance of diagnostic tests, and appropriate documentation. The clinic environment is a fast-paced, smaller environment that allows the development of close working relationships with physicians and clinical staff as well as returning patients. Every team member is vital to the clinic’s success.
S ense people’s needs before they ask (take initiative)
H elp out other team members (teamwork)
A cknowledge people’s feelings (show empathy)
R espect the dignity and privacy of everyone (be courteous)
E xplain what’s happening (communicate)
Entry Rate: $11.87
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. Must be available to work 36 hours per week. Shifts will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Department: ENT Clinic
Additional Details: After applying, please check your email often. This position requirew assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email.
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR Certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements, please visit our Job Requirements page .
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program or one with which Intermountain Healthcare has a valid affiliation agreement. Intermountain Healthcare verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Carrying, Hearing / Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Squatting / Kneeling, Standing and Walking
- One or more years experience in an outpatient clinic or other healthcare setting
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant internship
- One or more years of Medical Assisting work experience
- One or more years experience using electronic medical records (EMR)
- One or more years work experience with Intermountain Healthcare's Help2 and Centricity Business (IDX) software
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
After applying, please check your email often. Some positions require assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email. Once the email notification is sent, you will have 24 hours to complete the assessment. If the assessment is not completed within the allotted time frame, your application may not be considered further.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 11 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...