Waggener Edstrom Worldwide, one of the world’s largest public relations and integrated communications agencies, seeks a creative senior leader to help drive the cross-team communications strategy for one of the largest and most progressive pieces of agency business. This Sr. Vice President role will both build and manage key client relationships within the Microsoft Windows organization—which includes the Windows, Microsoft Hardware and Windows Embedded groups. You’ll work with a team of dedicated, savvy professionals with an eye to integrating strong marketing expertise, industry understanding and influential landscape savvy. You’ll partner with professionals who are passionate about understanding business dynamics, delivering smart recommendations, creating product awareness and crafting intelligent stories as you are. Your ability to effectively provide counsel to multiple groups—your clients, your team and fellow agency leads—is paramount to your success in this role, as is your ability to drive the business forward in new and different ways. This is a unique opportunity to work with one of the world’s most recognized and respected brands as it reinvents itself for the future!
• Lead the relationship with senior level clients and act as a recognized source of expertise, understanding all aspects of the client’s business, their future offerings and the competitive landscape.
• Serve as strategic advisor to primary clients and internal teams on the development and execution of integrated communications campaigns, bringing marketing expertise and market understanding from a consumer products and/or enterprise business point of view.
• Ensure the highest standard of client service and provide outstanding strategic and analytical counsel to clients and account team members on day-to-day issues.
• Leverage traditional media and social/digital media technologies for campaigns and influencer outreach.
• Serve as a senior resource for other key clients across the Microsoft account.
• Demonstrate excellent strategic and analytical skills in the areas of client counseling, account building, integrated marketing communications (including digital) and business development.
• Assist and problem solve with account team members on day-to-day issues.
• Manage, coach, mentor and develop junior staff.
• 15+ years of experience in integrated marketing and communications at an agency or in-house role within an executive/management role;
• Proven experience motivating and growing a large team; fostering development and growing leaders across a team;
• Proven ability to deliver integrated communications programs and delivering on set targets;
• Proven ability to not only nurture a business but grow a business through organic and new opportunities
• Demonstrated success in developing and executing interactive programs and a keen understanding of how to implement digital strategies;
• Ability to maintain and expand successful relationships with existing clients and aggressively pursue and convert new business leads into clients;
• Strong writer of client plans and strategic documents; and
• Strong communication and leadership/supervisory skills and the ability to multi-task at a senior level, effectively delegating and coordinating across multiple engagements.
Waggener Edstrom - 2 years ago
Every innovation starts with a big idea, but it’s how you tell its story that makes an impact. That’s where we come in. From...