Horizon House, Inc. is a nationally recognized provider of services to adults with support needs due to developmental disabilities, behavioral health issues, and substance abuse. With over 100 locations throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware, Horizon House provides services to a diverse population focusing on individual strength and choice.
We are looking for a qualified individual to provide mobile psychiatric rehabilitation services to individuals in their natural environments (i.e., home, school, place of employment, and the community in general.) The selected candidate will work with a team of professionals and Certified Peer Specialist to support an assigned caseload.
Some of the responsibilities for this position include:
- Assessing initial needs, based on individual’s strengths and available resources. Provide skill and resource development counseling sessions and referrals for services. May provide training and assistance with basic living skills.
- Maintaining a close liaison with the local community and area service providers/agencies to facilitate program cooperation and provide constructive input and/or alternative resources to current recovery/service plans.
- Participating in case conferences on behalf of the individual(s) receiving services with the case manager and other service providers.
- Participating in relevant training to enhance professional growth and development, with an emphasis on counseling and management.
- Participate in the resolution of crisis situations; assist with identifying key individuals and resources that can provide direct support and/or immediate intervention during a crisis situation.
Successful candidate will have minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Rehabilitation or Creative Arts Therapies. A minimum of (2) two years experience in a mental health services which may include, case management, counseling, group facilitation/therapeutic day services, community recovery services; Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Professional (CPRP) preferred.
Successful candidate must obtain a CPRP credential within one year of hire. Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and be willing to learn and to commute using public transportation to fulfill job responsibilities. This position provides 85% of direct support to individuals in the community.
Horizon House offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including: medical & dental, (9) nine paid holidays, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings plan, voluntary tax sheltered annuity, transit benefit program, opportunities for advancement and more