Invensys is a global technology group that develops and applies advanced technologies that enable the safe and efficient operation of the world's manufacturing and energy generating facilities, mainline and mass transit rail networks, and kitchen appliances.
Invensys Rail is a multinational leader in providing state-of-the-art software-based signaling, communication and control systems that enable the operation of trains in mainline and mass transit systems across the world.
Purpose of the Job:
Evaluates reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems and/ or DSP systems
· Technical and team lead for current production and analysis of root cause/corrective action for field failures.
· Serve as the technical and team lead in various aspects of product redesign and process improvement.
· Review and make recommendations on complex existing and new designs to ensure product meets functionality, performance, and quality per system requirements and procedures.
· Design complex, high-speed logic/circuitry using programmable devices.
· Oversee the development, maintenance, testing, and troubleshooting of product/system prototypes.
· Keep abreast of industry trends, technical developments, and other new concepts, recommend, and apply to current system design and platform development efforts.
Ensure documentation is completed in accordance with ISO 9001 and other Invensys internal standards.
· Evaluate viability of product code by assessing billable materials cost and component end of life.
· Work with and implement the use of low cost engineering resources to meet project financial measures.
Measure for Success:
· Responsible for outcomes including overcoming obstacles and meeting project deadlines to ensure customer expectations are achieved.
· Apply systems thinking to define problems and generate solutions to ensure customer deliverables are met according to specifications and within agreed timelines.
· Develop professional networks, internally and externally, to ensure project deliverables are met.
· Train and mentor staff to develop processes to develop a controlled environment with technical depth that support Invensys' current and future business objectives.
· Provide substantive input for future design and platform development.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related degree.
· Minimum 8-10 years experience leading product design initiatives, working with analog and digital design, and solving electrical systems and integration problems.
· Expertise in either DSP and/ or CPLD/VHDL design.
· Experience with safety critical design, verification, and validation criteria.
· Ability to work a professional work schedule with non-regular hours, as required.
· Visual and manual dexterity to daily computer functions.
· Ability to sit and concentrate for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work in and around an office environment.
· Experience with Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA/FMECA) preferred.
While all Invensys competencies are essential to effective performance in this role, the most salient competencies are listed below:
· Customer Focus
· Action Oriented
· Interpersonal Savvy
Develop for the Future
· Learning on the Fly
Invensys is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Engineering Services (ES)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Dec 3, 2012, 4:06:33 PM
Invensys - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard