Manages assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department and the division.
Research and develop new service and product opportunities to ensure the staff is maximizing revenues by way of consistent, extensive training, and product development knowledge.
Manages and monitors fiscal budget, operations of assigned department(s) and marketing strategies to produce both short term and long term profitability.
Manages the delivery and measurement of guest service within assigned department(s) consistent with the company’s core service standards and Brand attributes.
Provides input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
Manages Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
Maintains a working relationship with the Culinary Union; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
Supervises dining room and kitchen activities to ensure quality production/delivery of product and service. Communicate daily with Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef in charge, providing current information on large parties of VIPs expected.
Responsible for smooth, efficient, cost effective operation of restaurant to include labor management, supervision of all aspects of service, inventory control.
Interacts with guests frequently to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of dining experience. Reacts to any guest complaints and takes any appropriate action.
Ensures maintenance and cleanliness of outlets with specific focus on departmental and SNHD food safety standards, OSHA, Fire and Life Safety Regulations. Communicates expectations to Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years of management experience in a high-volume restaurant and/or fine dining restaurant, preferably in a casino environment.
- Possess excellent product knowledge and experience specific to Room Service, Hospitality and Amenity operations.
- Ability to view operations creatively and with a sales orientation, possess effective leadership, communication, and problem solving, reasoning and analytical abilities and be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Able to frequently move freely about the office, sit for long periods and withstand various activities such as frequent walking, standing, and bending.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or course certification from an accredited Culinary Institute.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 10 months ago