As a member of the APL Logistics Supply Chain Solutions group, this position use of analysis, optimization and simulation modeling to develop solutions to enhance operational productivity in various aspects of supply chains.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Use of analysis, optimization and simulation modeling tools to:
- Develop solutions
- Perform data clean up and analysis for consulting
- Assist operations and sales support
- Design innovative solutions to enhance operations productivity in various aspects of supply chains
- Support other engineers in consulting, operations and sales support projects
- Support responses to bids and proposals including assisting with customer presentations and preparing analysis
- Some travel required
- Provide analytical and decision support efforts for consulting engagements
- Provide innovative problem solving solutions to solve various supply chain problems
- Learn intra-functional relationships
- Proactively analyse and identify process/ solutions improvement opportunities
- Support APLL strategic initiatives
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelors degree in business, logistics, transportation, industrial engineering, operations research, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum 2 years experience in: transportation management, distribution center management, materials handling, decision support system/technology.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation preparation
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to work interdependently and independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Masters degree preferred
- Preferred experience in logistics and supply chain industry
- Experience in analysis and design of supply chain solutions preferred
- Teamwork – showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect – extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity – fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation – bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus – achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
APL - 10 months ago
APL's tagline is apt: moving business forward. The company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Singapore's Neptune Orient Lines (NOL),...