Our Non Profit Skilled Nursing Facility client is seeking a HIM Manager to join their healthcare team. They promote quality of life by empowering their members, their families and their communities to live well and achieve meaningful and rewarding lives. In this dynamic leadership role you will provide management and supervision for the Health Information Management program. This is a great opportunity for an experienced HIM or Medical Records Manager to advance their career!
As a company our client is dedicated to disciplined innovation and continuous quality improvement. They are committed to sharing knowledge and being an organization that attracts the best and brightest talent which is why they offer a work environment that is team-oriented, caring, honest, and recognizes quality job performance.
As HIM Manager you will use your skills and expertise to supervise the overall planning, organizing, and implementing of the Health Information Management Program. This includes developing, recommending, and preparing policy, procedures and work standards for the department. You will also be responsible for supervising facility wide systems and procedures to ensure integration of clinical records, record retention system, record completion standards, quantitative documentation monitoring, record security, and confidentiality.
• Acting as a resource for medical and ancillary staff with regards to current health information management issues
• Working closely with the Quality Assurance Management Team, and other Department Managers, to collect data required for health plans, special audits and studies and participating in the quality monitoring activities of the organization
• Reviewing all requests for health information prior to release to assure that all policies and legal requirements are met.
• Abstracting information, and creating reports, from records as authorized/required and distributes to appropriate personnel and governmental agencies
• Reviewing and screening charts for compliance with charting standards, and maintaining basic statistical data
• Assisting staff with evaluations and responding to patient complaints, and in the development and reporting of relevant quality management indicators
• Generating physician orders, medication administration records (MAR), and treatment administration records (TAR) for the facility on a timely basis
• Coding and indexes all health information (Disease index) pertaining to all diagnoses of residents on admission and discharge
• Hiring, supervising and retaining qualified staff, maintaining appropriate staffing levels and organizing the department workload to promote efficiency and productivity
• Acting as role model in demonstrating the customer service standards
• Keeping abreast of current Federal and State regulations as well as professional standards and makes recommendations on changes in policies and departmental procedures
• Preparing department annual budget proposal
• Overseeing ICD 9, HCPCS, CPT and RUG coding to ensure compliance to clinical coding guidelines
• Auditing face sheets & MDS to make sure appropriate codes are being used to maximize appropriate reimbursement
This role requires an individual with patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the ability to handle a variety of challenging and/or stressful situations with maturity. You must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times, hostile people within the facility.
• Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
• 5 to 10 years of supervisory experience in a Health Information Management Department / Medical Records Department
• Familiar with PPS reimbursement for skilled nursing facilities.
• Knowledgeable in ICD9, CPT, HCPCS coding, MDS, RUGS, and CMMS standards and guidelines
• Familiarity with Assisted Living accreditation standards and with CMMS documentation guidelines for Physicians is a plus
• Knowledgeable in California State Title XXII Regulations, OBRA Guidelines, and HIPAA Regulations
• Knowledgeable in the HIM processes
• Strong decision-making skills as well as analytical skills and problem solving abilities
• Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development by participating in external activities related to professional goals
Jobs In LTC - 8 months ago
At De Vore Recruiting, we bring a combination of expertise in the healthcare field, along with years of recruiting knowledge, to find you...