As a member of our Whole Body Team, your role will include stocking and facing of nutritional supplements and body care products, maintaining the Whole Body floor and displays, and selling product in support of regional Whole Body standards. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable customer service to customers and team members.
• Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, quality products and attentive, knowledgeable service.
• Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping shelves and displays clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating, and removing out-of-date products.
• Understand why our products are different than conventional stores and explain differences to customers.
• Comply with all applicable regulations and guidelines (in the United States this includes DSHEA - Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act) when assisting guests in selecting products that best suit their needs.
• Log and process customer special orders and retrieve special orders for customers by request.
• Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
• Keep Whole Body department clean, sweep floors and maintain sweep logs.
• Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
• Operate and sanitize all Whole Body equipment in a safe and proper manner.
• This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
• Familiarity with Whole Body products, nutritional information and areas of studies e.g. herbs, homeopathy, etc preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers and answer questions in a clear service-oriented manner.
• Knowledge of the DSHEA Act (US and Canada locations), knowledge of regulations regarding complementary medicine (UK locations).
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
• Ability to sell proactively.
• Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
• Effective time management skills.
• Strong work ethic and integrity.
• Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
• Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
• Use of box cutters.
• Use of electric pallet jacks or other heavy machinery.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
Whole Foods Market - 14 months ago
Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated 275...