Job Category: Audit, Information Systems
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
Under the direction of the Senior IT Auditor, IT Audit Supervisor and the IT Audit Manager, the Staff IT Auditor is responsible for performing, individually or as part of an audit team, complex and comprehensive IT audits in conformance with professional auditing standards. The auditor will use advanced audit and internal control concepts and techniques to identify business and IT processes, risks, and controls. The auditor is responsible for assessing and reporting on the adequacy and effectiveness of CVS Caremark’s internal controls and the quality of performance of those controls. Additionally, this position may perform Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing of internal controls, post-implementation reviews, and special projects as assigned.
The Staff IT Auditor's contact may include all levels of internal management, as well as external audit, regulatory parties and agencies. Success in this position is primarily measured by the quality of executed audit procedures, consistent adherence to program date commitments or milestones, and completion of all required follow-up activity. Limited travel required.
Principal responsibilities include the following:
- Perform reviews as specified by the annual audit plan for assigned areas of IT operations, including technical, operational and compliance audits, in conformance with professional auditing standards and within stipulated schedules and budgets.
- Develop and maintain effective working relations with IT, operations, and executive management.
- Complete ad-hoc reviews and departmental initiatives as requested by management.
- Participate in new system development projects, system enhancements and data analysis projects consistent with maintaining a strong internal control environment.
- Identify risks and assess controls associated with the IT strategy of the company.
- Interact with business management, along with the Senior IT Auditor, to determine the scope and content of an audit, consistent with department goals.
- Draft a detailed and comprehensive engagement memo that provides a preliminary risk assessment, in compliance with accepted department procedures.
- Follow and execute testing as dictated by audit programs by the agreed-upon target dates.
- Conduct, along with the Senior IT Auditor, an exit conference with the client upon the completion of an audit to present the audit results.
- Determine corrective action(s) by soliciting client recommendations and responses to the audit within two weeks of initial audit results.
- Participate in presenting audit results to the client, Senior Management, IT Audit Director, and General Auditor. The results should document the finding(s) and corrective action(s), completion dates and responsible parties for action plans in accordance with approved departmental practice. Required Qualifications:
3+ years if applicable experience. Previous audit experience, if no experience, an IT Security Audit Background may substitue. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Preferred Qualifications:
CISA preferred, but not required. CIA, CISM, and/or CISSP a plus. Healthcare industry and/or IT Audit experience preferred. Education:
Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or related field required. MBA and/or Masters Degree in related field a plus. If no degree, two additional years of experience are required for each year of college not completed. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Caremark - 12 months ago
CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS), headquartered in Woonsocket, RI, is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the United States with integrated...