The Regional Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall maintenance and Capital improvements of properties in an assigned region. The position has an overall responsibility for ensuring that the physical aspects in each property meet Resource Residential s established standard of excellence and are compliant with all applicable laws.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned maintenance professional to join a growing organization with excellent opportunity for advancement!
- Manages all maintenance operations related to the portfolio of assigned communities including staff recruitment and retention, staff training, financial budgets, managing negotiations with vendors and suppliers, while maintaining excellent customer service to all residents and third parties
- Acts as a mentor and leader to Maintenance Supervisors by setting goals and evaluating performance, as well as fill in for properties who are lacking sufficient maintenance coverage
- Collaborates with Vice-President of Maintnenace and Regional Vice-Presidents to ensure appropriate levels of customer service and satisfaction are maintained throughout assigned portfolios
- Assists Vice-President of Capitol Projects in the annual Capitol Budget development process. Identifes and prioritizes projects, solicits pricing, and inputs budgets
- Executes Capitol projects at the direction of the Vice-President of Capitol Projects
- Provides oversight of disaster recovery process by ensureing that Maintenance Supervisors and associate teams have appropriate tools and resources
- Assist RVP s resolving employee relations issues and provide developmental support to subordinates, as well as have a pool of succession candidates available
- Extensive experience in multi-site property maintnenace experience
- Prior experience managing a maintenance staff
- Certification as a Type I and Type II technician from an Envionmental Protection Agency approved technician certification program
- Vallid driver s license and automobile insurance
- Possess extensive knowledge of financial planning and budgets
- Possess working knowledge of the contract process including scoping, bidding,and awarding
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to residents, vendors, and employees
- Ability to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies, and equipment such as, but not limited to hand tools, pressure washers, blowers, paint equipment, pool chemicals, ice removal equipment, ladders, landscaping equipment, and safety equipment.
Resource Residential - 17 months ago