UPMC Presbyterian is hiring a full-time Office System Assitant to help support the day-to-day operations of the Radiology Support Department for its Oakland location. The shift willl vary between 6:15 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. This assistant provides clerical assistance to the Radiology Department, schedules all radiology procedures from the ACD system, information system queue and physician script, verifies that all data entered into the Radiology information system is correct including patient name, ID number, physician, insurance and billing information, and deals with all customers in a pleasant professional manner.
- Schedule exams accurately, both automatically and manually, from fax and from the radiology ACD queue. Adhere to scheduling guidelines for gathering required exam information and conveying restrictions.
- Troubleshoot scheduling complaints and communicate all issues to the supervisor.
- Enter data into the computer and process requisitions to confirm data entry.
- Document patient demographics accurately.
- Operate multi-line phone system and ACD telephone software. Able to follow scripted radiology format accurately and completely.
- Review all imaging resources on a daily basis for open slots and potential scheduling errors.
- Participate in the training of new scheduling staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year work experience, preferably in a medical office setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Computer experience preferred.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered in...