Primary Location: Florida - West-Bradenton-Physician Services - Bradenton
- Bradenton, FL-20384-12463
Job: Physician Practice Clinical Licensed/Registered
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Performs technical laboratory testing in the clinic laboratory.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Performs chemical analysis of blood and other body fluids to determine chemical components.
2. Mounts, stains, and examines smears under microscope for bacteria.
3. Performs hematological examinations making complete blood counts. Examines smears for parasites or other irregularities in the specimen.
4. Performs other blood tests as ordered for patient care.
5. Performs a variety of bacteriological tests.
6. Performs quality control checks of instruments, solutions, and test results against established standards.
7. Performs microscopic examinations of body cells to identify abnormalities.
8. Performs routine laboratory procedures such as preparing slides and culturing media.
9. Prepares reagents, stains, and other chemical solutions.
10. Inventories laboratory supplies, cleans equipment and work areas and disposes of contaminated materials.
11. Logs patient specimens and enters test results on forms.
12. Collects data, prepares reports, answers correspondence, and compiles statistics as directed.
13. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
14. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
15. Maintains patient confidentiality.
16. Performs related work as required.
17. Assists in maintaining budgeted supply expense.
18. Maintains CLIA regulatory requirements.
Education - This position requires the certification as a Medical Technologist (ASCP) or as appropriate for lab service level.
Experience - Six months experience as a medical technologist preferred. More experience is required for Level II and Level III labs.
Certificate/License - CPR Certification.
HEALTHeCAREERS Network - 3 years ago
HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) operates more than 160 acute care, psychiatric, and rehabilitation hospitals in the US and...