Supervise the IT Department for the Wyoming Retirement System. Analyze business problems, identify and design technology solutions, prepare formal proposals, develop plans for implementing solutions, provide project management support, mentor others with less experience and provide support for complex automated applications. Coordinate and participate in all phases of technology or application development including requirements gathering, estimating phases or tasks, building, testing and implementing for the purpose of developing complex software business and application solutions. Supervise one employee.
- High level of specialized technical competence in substantial work experience needed
- Effective communication skills using rational arguments and facts
- Extensive independence of action and operational transparency required
- Provide full system life cycle tasks including analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation, development and implementation for both new systems and modification of existing systems
- Develop, implement, and maintain all policies and procedures related to IT; including those for architecture, quality control, security, disaster recovery, standards, and service provision
- Manage design enhancements and changes to existing systems using the same methodology as in developing new systems
- Provide technical language for RFPs (Requests for Proposal), and assist with the evaluation of RFP responses
- Responsible for supporting management with content related to organizational IT budgets and expenditures
- Liaison with other organizations; State agencies and various other external organizations.
- Communicate IT conditions, statuses, and other related issues to management
- Accountable for the continuity of agency IT systems and environments
- Responsible for technical support services
- Serve as an IT subject matter expert for major application development initiatives that have the wide impacts. Define and implement of new IT policies, procedures and best practices.
- Work closely with WRS resources to identify and research, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions and enhancements for all aspects of the organization
- Lead in the revision, repair or expansion of the testing applications to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
- Develop technology plans that support State organizational and functional goals and long term needs
- Perform systems and business analysis for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and systems
- Communicate requirements and provide presentations to technical and non-technical personnel and management using a variety of tools
- Establish adequate change control and configuration processes and procedures
- Incorporate risk management and mitigation strategies and actions; perform and report on risk assessments related to, and including, the technology changes/configurations
- Oversight of compliance to QC processes and procedures
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of employing information technology to meet business requirements.
- Knowledge of The RFP process and how it is used
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft 2007 office suite, as well as Microsoft Project and Visio
- Server, laptop/desktop setup, configurations, maintenance and support
- Educated on current or new technologies
- Experienced in providing technical service management services
- Knowledge of system development lifecycle
- OnBase imaging & workflow applications
Preference will be given to those with experience with relational database design, structure, use and tuning, preferably Oracle 9i or above. Experience and knowledge of application integration techniques. Background in Securite IT architecting. Certification in OnBase.
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code CTBA10) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at:
State of Wyoming - 5 months ago
We are pleased that you found First State Bank of Wyoming on the Internet. First State Bank of Wyoming has proudly served this community sin...