Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Personnel & Social Services
The Defense Personnel Services Business Unit has approximately 2000 employees and operates at hundreds of locations across the United States and overseas in Korea, Japan, Italy, and Germany. We provide personnel services to military personnel, military families, and civilians working for the military. Our capabilities address a wide range of managed services, as well as the complete military lifecycle which includes recruitment, to active duty through retirement.
Serco is recruiting to contingently fill United States Marine Corps (USMC) Recovery Care Coordinator (RCC) positions. The RCC provides non-clinical case management services for seriously wounded, injured or ill service members. The RCC ensures the Recovering Service Member (RSM) has access to all medical and non-clinical resources throughout the continuum of care across multiple agencies and assists in minimizing delays and gaps in treatment and service. The RCC works with section leaders, medical case manager and non-medical care managers involved with the RSM and family for development and execution of the Comprehensive Transition Plan (CTP).
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a social science preferred or a minimum of 5 years experience associated with helping, supervising, and providing guidance to others in the military.
• Military experience in the Marine Corps preferred such as First Sergeant, Sergeant Major, Commander, or a wide range of personnel and benefits Counseling experience; or similar work in civilian community service settings or a combination of education and experience.
• Strong interpersonal skill set including negotiating skills and excellent oral and written communication skills. Individuals must possess excellent organizational and management skills.
• Must be a United States citizen and meet English language proficiency. Bi-lingual ability is an asset in communicating with family members who are not proficient in English.
• Knowledge of support programs and processes provided by Department of Defense, Department of the Navy, and Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Labor, and other governmental and non-governmental support agencies.
• Knowledge of accessing identified benefits and the ability to access benefit information from a variety of sources, including, but not limited to Marine Corps specific information and benefits, Veterans Affairs benefits, Marine Corps Wounded Warrior Programs, and Family Readiness Centers.
• Analytical ability to access and interpret information necessary to evaluate how to best support the RSM and family through the entire spectrum of care management, rehabilitation, and transition services.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, strategic problem-solving skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills that focus on support requirements to evaluate and enhance the experience of the RSM and family.
• Knowledge of Military Systems/ protocols, specifically as they relate to recovering Marines and their families preferred.
• Displays strong leadership, mentoring, and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve organizational objectives by creatively managing and motivating personnel.
• Initiative and leadership ability demonstrated by sustained successful performance in positions of increased responsibility.
• Ability to collaborate and display positive interactions with members of the WWR and other government agencies.
Employment Type: Full time
Career Level: Entry Level
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...