SEKO Logistics builds and maintains software platforms to facilitate logistics and transportation solutions to both internal and external customers. We value strong technical, creative, and reasoning abilities in our developers who enhance/maintain our existing programs and architect our new solutions.
This position entails coding software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements and external customers. Developer will oversee testing and develop fixes for any designated work. Most solutions to be developed using Microsoft technologies and platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Write and maintain high quality, properly documented code.
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Code software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
- Perform adequate developer level testing before releasing to QA department.
- Work well in a team environment as it relates to communication, attitude, source control, following coding guidelines, and project coordination.
- Based on work conducted, suggest test items to QA department.
- Communicate progress & design decisions.
- Ability to work extra hours on an as-needed basis to meet project deadlines.
- Be committed and passionate about your trade.
- Utilize judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals.
- Uphold SEKO’s Core Values
- Comply with SEKO’s C-TPAT Security Profile
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
Education and/or Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The following developer skills are desired:
1-3 years experience with the following:
- .NET Framework
- C# (OOP / n-tier architectures preferred)
- Relation Databases (Sql Server 2005+ preferred)
- Writing SQL (TSQL preferred)
- Source Control Repositories (SVN and TFS)
The following technical capabilities are considered bonus experience:
- Microsoft SSIS / SSRS
- JQuery / Ajax
- Web Services / WCF
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills and Duties
Other skills that will benefit the candidate that are not listed under the technical specifications include strong communication skills, the ability to work independently and meet project specifications and deadlines consistently. Employee may be required to work hours other than the set shift hours to facilitate the completion of required work or resolve critical issues. Must be available for occasional on-call duty.
Founded in 1976, SEKO is a global third party logistics provider with 56 offices in the United States and 83 offices in more than 40...