Seeking a Linux Administrator to join a growing team split across London and New York. Looking for candidates committed to technical excellence and driving the operational platform forward to be faster, more reliable and more efficient. This a hands on role for a self-motivated engineer who is innovative, flexible and able to work outside standard office hours as required.
- Supporting and improving a multi-site 24x7 production environment.
- Applying DevOps methodologies, working with agile development teams.
- Implementing automation to drive technology from development to production in an efficient, reproducible, controlled manner.
- Managing and monitoring hundreds of servers across multiple sites.
- Working within an international team.
- Document and test systems built by system operations.
- Reporting directly to the Production Operations Manager.
- 6+ years of Debian/Ubuntu/Solaris Linux Administration (implementation and design).
- The candidate must possess a strong technical background.
- Very strong documentation skills.
- MySQL administration and performance tuning.
- TCP/IP networking.
- Configuration management.
- Java application servers (Tomcat).
- Experience working with highly available web serving environments.
- Scripting skills with one of the following: Shell/Perl/Python/Ruby.
- Experience with Hadoop, Messaging Queuing and Windows Server Administration a plus.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a National IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry's leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
The ACI Group, Inc. - 15 months ago