Position: Lab Clerk
GENERAL DESCRIPTION of RESPONSIBILITY
- By delegation from Laboratory Manager, to provide, in a safe, legal, and ethical manner, the manageable, purchasing and communication skills needed to provide assistance to Lab Manager and the support of our services to our customers.
- To manage and purchase consumables according to ISO-17025 standards. To practice “first come-first out” “smaller-order” and “always look-for saving”.
- To over-see inventory of chemicals and lab supplies.
- To log-in samples, chemicals, and supplies as they are received.
- Perform other duties as designated by Lab Manager and as necessary from time to time by Lab Director.
- To carry out the above responsibilities, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to the Company’s Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Policy and Procedures, Ethics Policy, Vision and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy in so doing.
Intertek offers a culture motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
- This is a professional position. This position is expected to have at least two year-associate degree or certificate in the field of chemistry, biology, agriculture or related fields
- Must have good communication skill, knowledge of purchasing and inventory management, and basic understanding of testing for foods and nutrition supplements.
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...