Sr. Database Administrator - SQL Server (Job Number: 131085)
Location - United States-VA-Ashburn
Organization - Technology
Job - Database Administration
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Senior Database Administrator (Sr DBA) - SQL Server will:
- Install, configure and manage SQL server database on Windows
- Provide continuous monitoring, troubleshooting, historical and real time performance monitoring of the SQL server in 24 X 7 environment
- Develop scripts / utilities to automate repetitive tasks, i.e. backups, refreshes, failover
- Provide backup and restore functions for SQL server
- Respond to support tickets and provide timely resolution of problems
- Ensure system stability and availability
- Tune database parameters for optimal systems performance
- Aid developers in detecting performance problems including analysis of SQL and JDBC code
- Maintain data consistency between data servers
- Establish and maintain documentation and standards
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 support when required
- 5+ years hands on production DBA experience
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- Knowledge of replication technologies, such as Golden Gate Replication
- Knowledge of Sybase/MySQL/Oracle/UNIX RAC is a plus.
- Ability to think creatively under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical discipline.
Visa - 11 months ago