Suits Optional... ...
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join our Enterprise Applications team. Only local candidates need apply. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
Launched in 2002, Magic: The Gathering Online is the official online edition of the world’s most popular trading card game. Magic Online allows players to collect and trade virtual cards, build the perfect deck and find opponents at all skill levels – all from the comfort of their own homes. For more information on Wizards of the Coast and Magic: The Gathering Online, visit www.wizards.com.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
Support the definition, design, implementation, and deployment of software solutions within the Software Development team, in alignment with Business goals and objectives.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Assists Senior Developers in the development of functional specifications based on vision and scope provided by the Development Manager.
- Develops functional specifications for targeted platforms based on vision and scope provided by the Development Manager, both alone and in conjunction with other Developers and architecture team
- Performs software design work on new systems in current-generation languages and platforms, exercising individual judgment to implement appropriate design patterns and practices, and in alignment with architecture team’s vision
- Performs relational modeling under the supervision of Senior Developers to implement new database design within the context of the overall database structure and requirements as needed
- Performs literate programming, using adequate commenting and documentation tools and in alignment with software development team best practices
- Adopts industry standard and team-specific coding practices, and follows internal SDLC procedures
- Provides reasonable estimates of time and materials required to complete vision and scope goals outlined by Development Manager and/or Project Manager
- Works under general supervision
- Initiative, pro-activeness, and solution-based approach to problem solving is a must
- Diagnoses and proactively proposes solutions for software issues across the system, and in particular within components they work with regularly
- Mentors and guides junior-level team members to improve in quality and effectiveness
- Perform code and architectural reviews
- Designs and implements unit tests
- May lead the technical direction of others
- Performs due diligence when implementing specifications and fixing bugs.
Prior Related Experience:
- Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of the organization
- 2-4 years of object-oriented design experience
- Experience with HTML5
- Experience with mobile development, iOS & Android
- Visual Studio experience
- Perforce source code control system experience
- Experience working with Spira (defect tracking system)
- Commitment to industry standard code practices and literate programming style
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- International experience
- Experience with SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Kanban).
- Familiarity or programming experience with MVC design required
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Positive, can-do attitude a must
- Initiative and self-starting attitude a must
- Other software developers
- Software Development Management,
- Quality Assurance
- Project Managers, Producers/Product Owners
- UX/Visual Designers
- System Engineers
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook , follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn .
J2W Posting Code:
Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast has built a house of cards. The company, a unit of toy behemoth Hasbro, is best known for trading card game Magic: The...