Bachelor's of Science
3-5 years of experience required
Supervisory experience is required
Basic Purpose Of The Job
Utilizes leadership skills to coordinate patient care, delegates patient care responsibilities, facilitates and ensures communication among ED team members. Supervises functions and activities in the Emergency Department with specific focus on the night shift; interpret and implement policies, procedures, standard, and regulations to personnel, patients, medical staff and public. Monitors nursing functions within the Emergency Department. Advises, evaluates and teaches other team members.
Minimum Work Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience. Previous ED experience required.
Current Maryland State Registered Nurse license Current CPR CEN preferred ACLS certification preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Internal Requirements/ Expectations
Job Code J2WNUR
- Customer services abilities including effective listening skill.
- Critical thinking skill, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Assigning and monitoring the work of others; assigning work to cover patients’ needs; evaluating quality control; implementing nursing process including assessment, planning, implementation an evaluation, working with high risk or critically ill patients; performing invasive nursing procedures associated with area of specialty; organizing, prioritizing and delegating work; communicating with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds under stressful conditions; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; efficient, effective and safe use of equipment.
HR Use Only:
Bon Secours Health System - 3 years ago