This opportunity is with the Deloitte US Firm's Independence, Ethics & Compliance group in Wilton, CT.
The individual will help execute complex projects related to Deloitte client entities and their associations/relationships. The position is within Independence Operations and part of a team responsible for leading various research activities, projects and database management efforts.
The individual will lead a small team responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the entities and associations in the Firm Contribution Tool (FCT), Deloitte Entity Search & Compliance (DESC) System and Deloitte Tracking & Trading/Global Independence Monitoring System. This role will also work in conjunction with the Independence Compliance group, Independence teams in other Deloitte Member Firms, Global Office individuals and the Office of Information Management.
Key Responsibilities Include :
· Support senior management in completion of specific projects; handle on-going management of Independence Operations.
· Produce Independence reporting to include: status and exception reports for Independence Operations, exception resolution and partner escalation reporting.
· The individual will also be a go-to person for leadership on Operations status in the absence of senior management.
· Manage monthly Independence Data transfers, including planning, scheduling, contributing auditor FCT scope management, quality assurance reviews and related analysis.
· Accurate and timely processing of issues to third parties, ensuring issues are resolved; facilitating team meetings and managing the continuous quality improvement initiative for Deloitte.
· Draft and develop deliverables according to agreed scope and timeframe.
· Preparation and ownership of status reports, issues logs, process documents and other documents required to support specific project activities (e.g. PowerPoint slides).
· Assist in the development and maintenance of Independence process documentation.
· Perform routine and special assignments, as well as provide support to other Independence team members and their initiatives.
· Some travel is involved.
· 2-5 years relevant experience in a large corporate or accounting firm environment
· Experience with complex projects, project plans, reporting, presentations, database processing and communications preferred
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative and exercise good judgment
· Experience managing defined deadlines and prioritizing time required on activities
· Experience working in an environment where priorities can quickly change
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic work environment
· Excellent verbal/written communication, research, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated attention-to-detail
· Customer-service attitude and dedication to quality
· Understanding of Independence requirements for professional auditing firms a plus
· Proficient in standard office-productivity tools (Microsoft Excel and Word) and project management tools (Microsoft Project); Microsoft Access and Microsoft Visio a plus
· Willingness to work overtime as needed
· Bachelors Degree preferred
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/ about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Are you ready to Strengthen Your Lead? If so, consider Deloitte. The Deloitte U.S. Firms have 60,000+ professionals with a single focus:...