Job Description & Qualifications
- Safety Advisor for the plant.
- Technical consultant and advisor in technical and non-technical safety topics, including local and national safety regulations
- Coordinate implementation and continuous improvement in safety programs.
- Directly responsible for corporate and internal safety reporting
- Must present the knowledge, confidence and ability to take immediate and appropriate action when an "imminent risk of serious injury" has been identified.
- Prepare and facilitate plant's Safety Process Review Board.
- Prepare and present safety status at Plant Operating Reviews (POR’s)
- Oversee the Safety Operating System implementation at the plant level .
- Effectively communicate new initiatives, standards, regulations, significant incidents and management directives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead and/or participate in incident investigations as required
- Provide oversight for health and safety training and orientation.
- Conduct appropriate audits and assessments as required
- Conduct Risk evaluations for the plant
- Liaise effectively with the plant medical and security functions.
- Liaise effectively with Statutory Authorities, MIOSHA and OHS Representatives as needed.
- Conduct, facilitate or advise as necessary in Machinery and Equipment Design Reviews and/or buy-offs including the PROTAG approval process.
- Work effectively with UAW Health and Safety Representatives.
- Advise management as to compliance of the local and national collective bargaining agreements regarding safety topics.
- Ensure that there is a viable, working ergonomics process for the facility
- Bachelors Degree.
- Significant prior Health and Safety Experience.
- Thorough knowledge of state and national OHS laws and Codes of Practice.
- Operational knowledge of corporate safety programs for manufacturing.
- Certification or degree in OHS or related field.
- Experience working with the UAW.
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to guide and influence all levels
- Demonstrated conflict management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organization skills
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States . Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We have a commitment to our products and customers, but also know that our employees are the driving force behind our success. Find out what it is like to love your job. Come discover a Company that is focused on designing better cars, but also cares about you, your family and your community. By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Ford Motor Company - 2 years ago