Love a rapid rate of change (with obsessive-compulsive attention to reliability)?
Love the idea of working on high scale web operations?
Want to work in a comfortable, casual environment with other smart people?
If so, Atlassian is the place for you!
Imagine working in a place where you get to do what you love everyday. We are building a different kind of software company — one that listens to client needs, values innovation and solves customer problems with brilliant simplicity. We are not your typical company and proud of it!
What You'll Do
Working in our San Francisco office, you will:
- Respond to system alerts, prioritising and resolving incidents to restore service to maximise availability
- Analyse, troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform root-cause analysis of incidents in a global team
- Create and tune monitoring systems
- Create procedures to ensure service stability, including writing scripts
- Collate incidents into bug reports
- Liaise with other Atlassian teams
- Make a difference
Highly Desirable Experience
- Ability to administer Linux production servers (Centos, Debian, Redhat)
- Understanding of Java specific performance issues and their resolution. E.g. garbage collection issues, heap sizing
- Ability to write in one or more scripting languages such as: BASH, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Able to perform monitoring and metrics analysis of production servers using common monitoring tools. E.g. Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, Hyperic or others
- Ability to admister multiple core Internet technologies. e.g. Squid, Nginx, DNS, Networking (Foundry, Juniper, Cisco, etc...), DHCP, OSPF, BGP
- This position includes some weekend shifts
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
- 3-5 years experience in system administration, development, or IT support
- Experience with java/J2EE, either programming or administration
- Analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- The role is in a new team and rapidly changing product environment, so flexibility and initiative will be highly regarded
- Having ever been on call
- Tools development experience
- Scalable web operations experience
- Service provider experience
- Knowledge of DevOps practices
- Mention the word 'Kangaroo' in your application
Atlassian - 16 months ago