District Sales Manager - Houston
As District Sales Manager, you will plan, organize, and control activities to achieve the revenue goals for the assigned territory.
This position is responsible for developing, leading and executing in the following areas:
- Solicit and conduct meetings with customers to keep their personnel informed of the latest developments within Simonton and its product lines
- Work proactively with dealer accounts in training of outside sales and support staff in all aspects of Simonton; i.e. products, displays, services, websites, pricing, order entry, EPOPS, new product introduction and product updates
- Maintain adequate supplies of all available sales literature, sales tools, and properly use all selling aids
- Review and analyze SIS (Simonton Information System) on a weekly basis to be aware of customer activity and performance
- Maintain control of sales aid and co-op accounts to maximize effectiveness and stay within allotted accruals
- Participate in trade shows, open houses, and other company/account activities as requested
- Assist as needed on service-related issues and have (acquire) the ability to handle basic service needs
- Report marketing activities, sales opportunities, and competitive strategy back to Regional Sales Manager
- Review and analyze market conditions within assigned territory to keep abreast of market share and maximize market penetration
- Prepare forecast of anticipated sales volume, retrofit and new construction, by key existing and target accounts, and submit annually to Regional Sales Manager
- Prepare budgeted information as it pertains to that salesman’s cost center and related expenses and submit annually
- Participate in the development of sales training programs and in the training of new sales personnel as requested
- Maintain, communicate and process changes regarding discount compliance on all assigned accounts on a regular basis
- Process and maintain required paperwork, including but not limited to weekly call reports, management requests, frequents customer communications, monthly summaries and new or revised customer account documentation
- 80% travel as required
Simonton Windows is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline is preferred
- A minimum of five years experience is required
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
Simonton Windows produces ENERGY STAR® qualified replacement and new construction windows and doors, including a line of impact-resistant products. For a third consecutive year, consumers nationwide have rated Simonton Windows highest in customer satisfaction in the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Windows and Patio Doors Satisfaction Study (SM).
Simonton was also ranked #1 in quality in the 2009, 2007, 2002 and 1998 Brand Use Studies sponsored by Builder magazine and has won three Best In Class Awards from Market Research Associates.
Founded in 1946, Simonton’s hallmark has been to deliver its made-to-order products in five days or less. A Fortune Brands Home and Security company (NYSE: FBHS), Simonton delivers award-recognized products nationwide to key markets throughout the 48 continental United States. Simonton is a founding sponsor of The Weather Museum and a supporter of Homes for Our Troops. For information, call (800) SIMONTON (1-800-746-6686 ) or visit www.simonton.com.