This position, reporting to the Distribution Supervisor, will:
- Be primarily responsible for operating all required Distribution Center equipment without supervision
- Be responsible for inserting or product staging, end line operation, and for training other personnel on the operation of the inserters, stackers, tying machines, mailing, and all end line equipment.
- Be responsible for working in a safe manner and following as well as assisting in ensuring compliance with all safety guidelines and regulations
- Some minor troubleshooting and repair will also be required.
- A minimum of three years experience in newspaper distribution or mailroom is required with a background in insert and/or bindery operation
- Previous experience on Quipp or GMA equipment is preferred.
- Mechanical repair experience in a Distribution environment is helpful.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good math skills with the ability to oversee and ensure production run quantities including multiple zones.
- Basic computer skills in a Windows environment needed
- Ability to lift 40lb bundles of paper packages repeatedly
- This is a deadline and quality oriented position. The night shift hours may vary to meet the Distribution deadlines
Pre-employment drug testing and a background screening are required. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace including veterans and applicants with disabilities.
Gannett satisfies news junkies with a stash of daily US papers. The company is the top newspaper publisher in the US with about 80 daily...