This position is responsible for the development and ongoing management of the Pharmacy Technician academic program. Management of the faculty resources, curriculum development and monitoring, and student success are the primary roles of this position. This position will provide management and coaching to both faculty and students to ensure a professional experience while increasing the levels of academic integrity. In addition, maintains program compliance with program accreditations standards.
- Corresponds with programmatic accreditation and/or licensing agencies and complete required reports in order to maintain programmatic accreditation and/or licensure status.
- Develops externship/practicum/clinical affiliations as required by program.
- Participates in searches for program faculty.
- Assists the Director of Education in the evaluation.
- Makes curriculum and textbook proposals to the Academic Council as indicated by program evaluation, accreditation/licensure requirements, or market needs.
- Submits annual budgetary needs to Director of Education and V.P. of Finance.
- Teaches up to ¾ full-time teaching load per quarter based upon the needs of the program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Extraordinary interpersonal and follow-up skills.
- Able to communicate effectively in oral and written formats.
- Demonstrates leadership and management abilities.
- Ability to work independently with light supervision.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution required, Master’s degree preferred. Concentration in pharmacy technician is preferred.
- Documented expertise in academic subject area with demonstrated teaching ability.
- 4 years of work experience as Pharmacy Technician.
- Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills, as demonstrated by data sheet, diplomas, degrees, transcripts, certifications, CVs/Resumes and in personal interview.
- CPhT Certification or Pharmacist is Required.
Sanford-Brown College - 2 years ago