Position title: Project Manager – Senior Level
Reports to: Project Executive named on the project(s). If no Project Executive is
n amed, Proj ect Manager will report to the Executive Vice President.
Position Summary: Under limited supervision, manages and administers the construction and delivery of new facilities and/or remodeling of existing facilities, to include contract preparation, on-site coordination, quality control, and all aspects of contract management.
Project Types : Multi-family, Assisted Living, Retail, Industrial
- Cultivate long term client relationship s that provide repeat business.
- Work with A/E firms to establish plans and specifications.
- Work with project team to establish project budget.
- Establish approved list of qualified bidders.
- Establish project contract with owner.
- Create project scopes of work.
- Dist ribute plans to all contractors.
- Distribute any bulletins/addendums for bids.
- Accumulate bids and establish spreadsheet of bidders for presentation.
- Negotiate with subcontractors to meet project budget.
- Value E ngineer project as required.
- Establish project schedule.
- Manage Project Superintendent to meet daily project needs for quality control, safety and schedule.
- Host pre-construction meetings as required.
- Create project meeting agenda and host on-site project meetings.
- Manage project buyout.
- Approve all project invoices with Superintendent on a monthly basis.
- Communicate financial information with owner as required.
- Create project (owner and subcontractor) change orders as required.
- Manage project closeout.
- Assure company of signed off punch list.
- Manage final invoicing requirements.
- Warranty calls to meet company requirements.
- Perform site visits and fill out PM Site Visit – site evaluation form
- Review project buyout, scopes of work and subcontractor list with Superintendent at start of project
- Mentor new project managers in proper construction practices.
- Mentor new project managers in proper Rockford practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field.
- A minimum of ten years commercial construction experience.
- Ability to handle multiple demands while keeping a positive, results-focused attitude toward clients, subcontractors, and co-workers.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
- Knowledge of the operating practices of construction, architectural, and building firms.
- Must possess s kills in workflow analysis and management.
- Must possess e xcellent communication skills.
- Must be c omputer proficient.
- Adherence to employment agreement.
- Quality performance of duties listed in job description.
- Adherence to corporate policies as described in Rockford Policy manual
- Respectful interaction with other employees, owners, consultants, subcontractors and general public.