The Customer Experience Lead's primary responsibility is to assist the leadership team in overseeing the sales floor and ensuring a positive customer experience. The CE Lead will assist in aspects of store operations focusing primarily on the areas of customer engagement including the sales floor, fitting room and cash wrap.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs Leader on Duty responsibilities as needed.
- Stays current on goals and priorities as it relates to the selling floor.
- Offers suggestions to the leadership team about how to improve daily sales trends.
- Sets the example by role modeling great customer service and suggesting the Bananacard to every customer.
- Ensures that associates are upholding service standards.
- Handles complex customer situations in compliance with policy and procedures; escalates issues as appropriate.
- Monitors floor coverage and zoning for the day and takes action according to SPH, UPT, AT and conversion trends using hourly sales reads.
- Monitors cash wrap to ensure customers are served in accordance with customer service policies and cashier guidelines.
- Coordinates associate breaks, lunches and shift changes.
- Logs time and attendance infractions (sick/late/no show); assists the LOD with on‐call shifts.
- Performs employee personal property checks.
- Trains, coaches and directs associates on service and how to meet productivity standards.
- Communicates development feedback of others to the leadership team.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual, including the Field Employee Policy Guide and Code of Business Conduct.
- Enforces all Loss Prevention policies, and communicates violations to the leadership team, to the DM or Regional Manger or the Code of Business Conduct Hotline.
- Responsible for front‐of‐house receiving and assisting vendors.
- Ensures company standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room areas are met.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Reports to General Manager, Customer Experience Manager or Supervisor depending on Store Census structure. Collaborates effectively across teams and Work Centers and with all Business Partners and departments as needed.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
Minimum educational level:
- Excellent selling skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to delegate and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Six months of Gap Inc. experience preferred.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Experience supervising teams preferred.
- Ability to safely lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver around the sales floor and stockroom.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings, to meet the needs of the business.
Store Sales, Stock and Visual
GAP Inc - 17 months ago
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...