Job Category: Category Manager
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
Assistant Category Managers (ACM) are located in CVS’s Merchandising department in Woonsocket, RI and are responsible for contributing to budgeted sales, gross margin, and growing market share within assigned categories. Overall, ACMs are responsible for contributing to the Merchandising objectives as they relate to the CVS Strategic plan. ACM’s often take ownership of a core business function such as: promotional planning, plan-a-gram, off-shelf and seasonal planning.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
CVS Core Competencies
- Contributes directly to sales and margin goals in assigned category.
- Analyzes profit and loss information for the category, develops sales and margin projections,and assists Category Manager in P&L reconciliation.
- Analyzes relevant data and incorporates findings and recommendations into Category Plans (i.e., optimal SKU mix; Extracare loyalty program; promotional programs) for merchandising programs from 1 to 3 years that reflect deep personal knowledge of our businesses, customers and clients.
- Drives tactical execution of day-to-day plan activities (e.g., builds off-shelf plans, tracks promotional period and performs post appraisal to take corrective action if necessary).
- Collaborates with an internal team of CVS professionals in Inventory, Pricing, Promotion, Finance, Store Brands, Store Design and Store Operations.
- Analyzes sales records and inventory levels of current stock; seeks new, alternative foreign and domestic suppliers.
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of current competition; searches out new competitive opportunities and makes recommendations.
- Keeps abreast of changes in the market. Researches customer product preferences, supplier prices and the competitive environment.
- Willingness to travel 5-10%.
. Preferred Qualifications:
- Thinks and Acts Strategically. Anticipates business opportunities and challenges.
- Drives Speed and Innovation. Challenges self and the organization to seek and promote leading edge solutions, create new opportunities, and be the market-maker.
- Manages and Develops Self. Seeks opportunities, guidance and feedback to develop own knowledge, skills and capability.
- Contributes to High-Performing Teams. Works together in a committed way to achieve a common mission.
- Impacts and Influences Others. Skillfully persuades others to support important initiatives, gain alignment with our strategy and goals, and act in the best interests of the company. Required Qualifications:
1 to 3 years experience in a retail organization or in an analytical, merchandising, or buying position Bachelor’s Degree Strong working knowledge of retail math concepts and demonstrated application Proven ability to implement strategies and use negotiation tactics to grow sales Technical experience in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; some Access or other database knowledge Education:
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health.