A phlebotomist is responsible for collecting blood and other specimens from patients of various age groups as directed by the physician utilizing approved collection techniques. Although the primary function is to collect blood and other samples for testing, the job begins at the first contact with the patient. Lab procedures can be a distressing prospect for most patients and the phlebotomist must be able to put the patient at ease while simultaneously prepping the patient with tourniquets and disinfectant, and then drawing the blood as painlessly as possible. It is also the Phlebotomist’s responsibility to accurately label each sample making sure it contains the correct patient identifiers and tests required. The phlebotomist must be prepared to work with a variety of complications that may arise from patient conditions or allergies and be able to adapt their procedure and equipment to each unique situation. The phlebotomist may also provide additional help in other areas of the laboratory including answering phones and general customer service.
Will also assist with Orderly duties. The Orderly is a vital part of the Operating Room (OR) team, responsible for transporting patients to and from the OR. Responsibilities also include performing a variety of tasks related to excellent patient care, as well as organizing and stocking equipment, and general cleaning of surgical suites. In this position, you will provide appropriate care to patients of various age groups. As an Orderly, will also do shave prep on patients prior to surgery.
Part time, 24 hours per week, working day shift Monday, Thursday, Friday.
Starting salary: $11.05/hour - benefits eligible.
- High School diploma or GED in compliance with CLIA regulations
- Ability to work in a team environment under stressful situations
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Basic computer skills
- Attention to detail required
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English in order to follow instructions and label products
- Safe disposal of blood and bodily fluids
- Current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. For additional information regarding CPR please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Lifting, Hearing and Listening, Manual dexterity, Motor Coordination, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking
- Phlebotomy training as approved by Manager/Supervisor or six or more months previous phlebotomy experience
- Previous experience in a patient care environment
- Prior surgical services experience
- Prior shave prep experience
After applying, please check your email often. Some positions require assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email. Once the email notification is sent, you will have 24 hours to complete the assessment. If the assessment is not completed within the allotted time frame, your application may not be considered further.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 17 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...