Nursing Education Specialist
Requisition #: 74075
Status: Full-Time with Full-Time Benefits (40 Hours)
Business Unit: HF Macomb Clinton Twp
Department: Staff Development - HFMH
Job Family: Nurses
Job Function: Nursing
Campus/Job Location Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
Location (State/City): US-MI-Clinton Township
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford Health System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care. Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
The Nursing Education Specialist is an advanced practice nurse who provides leadership and works in partnership with nursing, the health care team and system leaders to develop a quality practice setting that supports professional nursing practice and quality patient care.
- Masters Degree in Nursing (MSN) from accredited institution required
- Minimum five years clinical experience and two years of teaching experience in a university or college and/or hospital/health care institution.
- Competence in curriculum or program design, development and evaluation.
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire commitment and to energize people to achieve mutual goals.
- Must be self directed and able to work independently.
- Ability to integrate knowledge of cultural diversity into role.
- Possesses broad knowledge of health care systems, trends, and the care continuum. Communicates effectively orally, in writing and through technology.
- Considerable amounts of computer work.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Software (Word, PowerPoint) and familiar with use of Internet.
- Certification in area of specialty preferred
- Current Michigan RN licensure required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Normal office environment with minimal exposure to noise, dust, or extreme temperatures.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight, height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System - 2 years ago
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...