- We are seeking an individual to coordinate the system administration, capacity planning, and configuration management of two large datawarehouse environments.
- The data warehouse environments are comprised of over 80 servers running Windows, HPUX, and SUSE Linux, and Oracle.
- This individual should have broad, in-depth hands-on technical experience in infrastructure, server OS, Oracle databases, networking, SAN, desktop and application support. Experience with support of large data warehouse environments is preferred.
- This individual will be responsible for coordinating with various infrastructure support teams including system administrators, DBAs, SAN and networking teams to build, upgrade, maintain and support multiple data warehouse environments.
- Responsibilities include planning and coordinating of changes implemented into the various environments from development and test through DR and production. Additional responsibilities include tracking and planning server capacity based on business as usual as well as project growth.
- This individual will work with support teams to setup file transfers, manage security configurations, deploy code releases, and provide single point of contact for environment management in the development team. Additional development support responsibilities include development user support and provisioning of system access, laptops, development tools, and overall setup in the environments.
Skills should include, but not be limited to Linux, Windows, RDBMS (Oracle particularly) and COTS application support. Two of the most critical COTS applications are Informatica and IBM Datastage. This is not developer, project manager or DBA role. It is technical engineering role that must understand the infrastructure of large data warehouse and be able to manage maintenance and growth through coordination of various teams of technical infrastructure resources.
Familiarity with SDLC and PMLC processes is required in this highly structured change managed enviornment.
Ideal candidates will have spent 5-7 years, with progressive responsibilities in server administration, relating to relational databases and middleware applications. Knowledge of file transfer protocols, and encryption is strong plus.
5-7 years of experience in distributed environment support (Windows, Unix/Linux, desktop)
3-5 years of experience with RDBMS systems (Oracle preferred) from both the client and server side.
2 or 4 year degree preferred, though experience will be considered in place of degree.
Previous financial/banking experience preferred.
Previous experience supporting developer end-users preferred.
Previous experience supporting grid computing (shared computing) environment
- 5-7 years base UNIX skills
- 5 years windows desktop support (XP)
- Good understanding of relational database systems.
- 5-7 years IT experience (servers, databases, SAN, networking, file transfer utilities, OS scripting - ideally
- Would like to with one or two companies with shown advancement
- Project Management
- SAN experience
- File movement experience.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Financial/Banking experience
NTT DATA - 19 months ago
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world, with operations in more than 40 countries. The 6th largest global IT services...