Title: Training Specialist - Transportation Services
Department: Safety and Training
Post Date: 12/24/2012
Close Date: 01/08/2013
Hay Point Evaluation: N/A
100% Hourly Rate of Pay: $42.289* (See Wage Progression Chart)
Position Classification: Safety Sensitive
Location: Hillside Support Facility
Reports To: Manager-Transportation Training
Union Affiliation: TCU-Exception 5
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO LIRR EMPLOYEES ONLY.
Responsible for researching, developing, and conducting performance-based training and development programs consistent with the needs of the Employee Training and Corporate Development Department and in support of Long Island Rail Road business requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in developing and updating lesson plans, exams, and creating audiovisual and technology-based training utilizing standard instructional methodologies.
- Conduct training programs, including Train the Trainer.
- Work with management to develop and coordinate training schedules for class and field instruction. May be requested to perform field audits to evaluate the effectiveness of training.
- Monitor, evaluate and document participants' performance during the training program, providing effective training and coaching.
- Work with management and end user departments to ensure the currency of training program content and material. Provide feedback to end user department as required. Provide technical guidance upon request, for students and end user departments.
- All related administrative activities and required record keeping.
- All other related assignments at the request of management in the department.
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent (GED) approved by a State's Department of Education or recognized accredited organization.
- Must be fully qualified on the LIRR Rules of the Operating Department and the Physical Characteristics of Zone "C" and Amtrak Zone "A".
- One-year field experience working as a qualified conductor.
- Familiarization with all types of LIRR equipment and air brake systems.
- Ability to achieve and maintain expected level of performance/proficiency as determined by the Management of the Training Department.
- Ability to demonstrate effective oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as effective platform presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate good safety pratices, character and attendance.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Prior training experience and knowledge of instructional theories and training methods; personal computer software and hardware. Prior supervisory experience.
- Prior experience managing and handling emergency situations and familiarization with handling portable fire extinguishers and hazardous materials.
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent, comprehensive benefits package, including:
Wage Progression: 1/01/11
- Full Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care
- Life Insurance
- Comprehensive Sick Leave Benefits
- Deferred Compensation
- Vacation/Personal Leave Days
- Transportation Pass Privileges
- Tuition Assistance Reimbursement
- Pension Plan
- In-house training seminars
In addition to meeting the minimum requirements of the position, the selection process may include, but is not limited to, a pre-screening assessment (i.e. physical, written and/ or practical evaluation) and interview. Candidates forfeit further consideration in the process if they fail to participate in any step of the process when scheduled. Make up dates/times will not be given. In addition, LIRR employee applicants must be in their current position for the 12 months immediately preceding the close date of this posting and must possess a satisfactory work history, including attendance and discipline record. Not all qualified applicants are guaranteed an interview due to the competitive selection process. A background investigation, medical examination and safety sensitive drug/alcohol test may also be required.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
If you have previously applied on line for other positions, enter your User Name and Password. If it is your first registration, click on the CLICK HERE TO REGISTER hyperlink and enter a User Name and Password; then click on the REGISTER button.
All LIRR employees must go to https://portal.mtabsc.info/psp/PXPRD/EXTRANET/PAEXT/h/?tab=DEFAULT, sign in using your BSC ID and navigate to Job Listings (Internal).
When applying for positions, please ensure that you attach a resume during the application process and that you receive a confirmation e-mail that your application was accepted. If you do not receive an email confirmation your application may not have been received and will not be able to be considered after the deadline date. If you encounter problems, please call the BSC Customer Management Center at (646) 376-0123 Monday through Friday (except MTA HQ holidays), 8:30am - 5:00pm.
When applying for positions, please ensure that if you are a Long Island Rail Road employee, you must apply through the Employee Portal listed above or your resume may be missed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Long Island Rail Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. As such, we encourage applicants from women and members of minority groups.
Metropolitan Transportation Authority - 2 years ago